Easy DIY Harry Potter Christmas Ornament
Want a fun and fairly easy craft to do this holiday season? I have for you a DIY Harry Potter Ornament. You can obviously do this with any paper, but I did this one with pages copied from a Harry Potter book. So, here’s the directions for the Harry Potter ornament I made last week!
DIY Scalloped Christmas Ornaments
- Use a circle punch (1-1/2″ or so) and punch out your circles. If using a book, then I would recommend copying the pages you want to use on stock paper (or something a little thicker) and punch from that versus your actual book.
- Cut all of your circles in half. Again, if using a book, you will only be able to use 1/2 of your circles. You will want the bottom half of your circles, so the writing is going in the correct direction. Set the other set of circles aside.
- Beginning at the bottom of the ornament, using your hot glue gun, glue one half circle flat onto the ball. Then, working your way around the ball in a circle, add a row of half circles around the ball.
- Continue all the way up the ornament and carefully finish off as best you can to hide the majority of the ornament. I also tied a ribbon around the top to cover any gaps.
DIY Better Than Me
Here’s a few tips to have your DIY Harry Potter ornament turn out better than mine:
- The bottom of mine turned out a little wonky…so when I tried again, I completely glued down the first piece to avoid any gaps. It seems to have helped!
2. I copied pages from a Harry Potter book, and I used stock paper instead of regular printer paper. I didn’t use the book pages ~ not only are they not thick enough, but I also didn’t want to tear up my Harry Potter books 🙂
3. Another tip, if you are using book pages and you want the words to all go in the same direction – you can only use 1/2 of the circle. The other half will be upside down! So, you will need twice as many circles to accomplish this!
This is the final product of my second attempt. I think it turned out much better ~ won’t this look great on a Christmas tree!
Try Your Own Ornament
So, what do you think? Are you ready to put your crafty hat on and give this DIY Harry Potter Ornament a try?! I’d love to see what you come up with…post a picture in the comments if you try it! I think I might try this with a Jane Austen book! Wouldn’t that be lovely 🙂
Sharing is Caring! So, please share this post on your Social Media pages!