Want a fun and fairly easy craft to do this holiday season? I have for you Harry Potter Christmas Ornaments to try. You can obviously do this with any paper, but I did this one with pages copied from a Harry Potter book. I copied the pages I wanted onto a “antiqued” stock paper. So, here’s the directions to make your own Harry Potter Christmas ornaments for your own tree!
DIY Scalloped Christmas Ornaments
- Use a circle punch (1-1/2″ or so) and punch out your circles. If using a book, then I would recommend copying the pages you want to use on stock paper (or something a little thicker) and punch from that versus your actual book.
- Cut all of your circles in half. Again, if using a book, you will only be able to use 1/2 of your circles. You will want the bottom half of your circles, so the writing is going in the correct direction. Set the other set of circles aside.
- Beginning at the bottom of the ornament, using your hot glue gun, glue one half circle flat onto the ball. Then, working your way around the ball in a circle, add a row of half circles around the ball.
- Continue all the way up the ornament and carefully finish off as best you can to hide the majority of the ornament. I also tied a ribbon around the top to cover any gaps.
DIY Better Than Me
Here’s a few tips to have your DIY Harry Potter ornament turn out better than mine:
- The bottom of mine turned out a little wonky…so when I tried again, I completely glued down the first piece to avoid any gaps. It seems to have helped!
2. I copied pages from a Harry Potter book, and I used stock paper instead of regular printer paper. I didn’t use the book pages ~ not only are they not thick enough, but I also didn’t want to tear up my Harry Potter books 🙂
3. Another tip, if you are using book pages and you want the words to all go in the same direction – you can only use 1/2 of the circle. The other half will be upside down! So, you will need twice as many circles to accomplish this!
This is the final product of my second attempt. I think it turned out much better ~ won’t this look great on a Christmas tree!
Try Your Own Harry Potter Christmas Ornaments
So, what do you think? Are you ready to put your crafty hat on and give these Harry Potter Christmas Ornaments a try?! I’d love to see what you come up with…post a picture in the comments if you try it! I think I might try this with a Jane Austen book! Wouldn’t that be lovely 🙂
Here’s a resource list of what I used to make this craft. There are affiliate links attached, so if you make a purchase I will be minimally compensated, but your price is in no way changed.
Did you sign up for the GIVEAWAY?? Sign Up NOW!
Sharing is Caring! So, please share this post on your Social Media pages!