With school getting ready to start (or for some of you, it’s just started), I thought I would get some thoughts together on entertaining teens. Our house tends to one of the houses that they hang out at for some crazy reason. I say that because we have no pool, one small-ish tv, no great gaming system – we’re pretty basic around here! But, one thing we do have is food! Oh, and we have a few board games (we’re kinda old school, I guess). But mostly, I have no problem having them all over pretty much whenever they need a place to be.
Be Prepared with Games
We know we’re going to have teacher-duty days, holidays, hurricane days, etc., so why not be ready for them!
Here’s a list of game ideas I thought were fun:
- Murder Mystery party: This takes more ahead of time planning, and you have to have the right mix of kids, but it’s a lot of fun!
- Minute-to-Win-it: These are a ton of fun, and you can mix it up pretty easily! (great ideas all over Pinterest!)
- Board/Old-School games: A new one on the market is Exploding Kittens, similar to Apples to Apples, which is always fun!
- Life-size games: Pac-Man, Connect 4, Jenga (you can find these on Pinterest)
- Ball: Whether it’s basketball, volleyball, or just a rubber ball that they make up their own game with
- Would You Rather: Have this at the ready, it’s a fun time filler
Connect with me on Pinterest…I have a board filled with games good for entertaining teens!
Basic supplies to have on hand:
- Deck of cards with instructions for several games printed out
- Dice (have about 6-10) with instructions for several games printed out.
- Dress up bin. I know, they’re teen-agers. But, I’ve found that there are still “dress-up” days at school. Crazy hat day, crazy sock day, etc. So, it’s nice to have a few basic things on hand. Comes in handy more often than you’d think!
- Plastics cups and plates
- Sidewalk chalk to make boundaries and such
- A ball! They can amuse themselves for hours with a plain old bouncy ball – trust me!
And, always, always have snacks! 🙂